WHO International Housing and Health Guidelines: Southern Hemisphere Launch
Ngā Aratohu Hanganga Whare me te Hauora ā-Ao o WHO - Te whakarewa ki te Tuakoi Tonga
Monday 25 February 2019
The University of Otago, Wellington, is privileged to host the Southern Hemisphere Launch of the World Health Organisation’s new Housing and Health Guidelines.
These guidelines have implications for the work of housing and environmental policy-makers, housing providers, the building and construction industry, and anyone else affected by or interested in the housing and related environments, and health.
As well as participating in an historical occasion, you will hear from WHO and other international speakers, complemented by local housing and health academics, who will describe the new guidelines, their rationale, and recommendations for implementation.
- Hon Phil Twyford – Minister of Housing (TBC)
- Dr Nathalie Roebbel – WHO Department of Public Health, Environmental and Social Determinants of Health
- Professor Lidia Morawska – Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology
- Professor Peter Phibbs – Sydney School of Architecture, Design & Planning, University of Sydney
- Professor Philippa Howden-Chapman – University of Otago; Chair of the WHO HHG working group
- Dr Lynn Riggs – Health economist, MOTU